Socially beneficial activities
- Founder of “Chundru Subbayamma Rotary Asraya”, an old age home for women and a short stay home for harassed women at Kakinada
- One of the founders of Maharshi Sambamurthy Residential school for physically challenged girls
- Implemented “Making Pregnancy safer” project -Extended free pregnancy care services to thousands of pregnant women, extended free delivery services, including cesarean sections to 500 very poor women with the support of Sri Satyasai sevasamithi, Kakinada
- Organized Vocational training centers . –beneficiaries– over 1500 women and adolescent girls
- Conducted several health camps, including a Mega cardiac camp, cleft lip surgeries camps twice, Cataract surgeries camp, Multi venue Dental camps
- School Health care project– over 22000 students of all schools of Kakinada, from primary to High schools were screened for eye, dental and dermatology problems.
- Conducted awareness programs on Adolescent Girls’ health and maternal heath. –beneficiaries-over 30,000
- Trained around 500 teachers and volunteers of Art of Living, Banglore, Sri Satyasai Seva Samithi Etc. on Adolescent Girls’ Health
- Giving scholarships to girl students studying in Govt. schools- Rs. 40-50 thousand annually since 15 years and awards to best outgoing girl students of all Govt. colleges in Kakinada, including Medical and Engineering colleges, on the occasion of International Women’s Day since 20 years
Special Recognition by World Bank
- Project with the title “Adolescent girls as promoters of basics in feminine Hygiene, Health and Nutrition” was one of the 20 winners of World Bank’s projects competition in 2004 and was declared by World Bank as one of the 5 best implemented projects in 2008.
- The success story was published in Dainik Jagrone, a Hindi daily with highest circulation in the country.
- World Bank made a documentary on the project with a title “Five success stories” and projected the same as model project internationally